Skip to main content

If you seek medical attention, your health care provider needs to know if you are getting treated for a workers' compensation injury. Be sure to tell your physician:

  • how and when the injury occurred, your symptoms and why you feel the injury is work-related; and

  • provide the name of your employer and the name, phone number and fax number of your supervisor and your employer's insurance carrier.

Your doctor will complete the Report of Work Ability form detailing any physical limitations you may have due to your work injury. It is very important that your employer and insurer receive copies of the form on a timely basis, because it may affect your entitlement to wage-loss benefits.