Skip to main content
All new manufactured homes installed in Minnesota for occupancy are required to be inspected according to the Federal Installation Standards Programs, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 3285 and 3286. For more information, view Minnesota Building Code Rules Chapter 1350.
Verify a contractor license   The Consumer's Guide to Hiring a Residential Building Contractor explains how to select a contractor, how to solicit bids, what to include in a contract, how to understand a mechanic's lien and how to file a complaint against a contractor.
Categories: consumer information
Complaints must be submitted in writing before an investigation can begin. Be sure to provide the details of the dispute and include as much information as possible, as well as what you would like the contractor to do to resolve your complaint. Include a daytime phone number and your mailing address on the form. Attach copies of any documents to support your complaint, such as contracts or purchase agreements, canceled checks, correspondence, municipal correction notices, mechanic's lien statements, etc..
Who needs a license? How long will it take to get a license? How do I renew my license? How can I update my license? What is a Secretary of State filing?
The Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry (DLI) participated with the National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies (NASCLA) in a national coordinated enforcement effort the weeks of June 7 through 25, which included eight NASCLA state members that took part in this event across the country.
DLI has authority to take administrative enforcement action against businesses and individuals that violate the laws and rules over which the department has authority.  For more information about specific actions or to request a copy of an enforcement order, contact our Enforcement Services Unit at 651-284-5069 or When contacting us, please have the name of the subject of the action and the investigative case file number found in the recap of the action in the files linked below.
Categories: enforcement, plumbing enforcement actions
Information about solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, energy storage systems and related resources for installers and inspectors. Electrical licensing, permits, inspection fees and code NEW: Solar installers must be licensed as residential building contractor or remodeler
Categories: solar, photovoltaic, solar photovoltaic, information., Fuel Cell Systems, Interconnected Electric Power Production Sources, Energy Storage Systems, Direct Current Microgrids
Minnesota – State of Minnesota  Access to information related to Minnesota business, travel and leisure, health and safety, environment, government, learning and education, living and working. 
For help with questions about licenses or continuing education, contact or call 651-284-5031 (individuals) or 651-284-5034 (business contractor licenses).
Categories: Board of High Pressure Piping Systems, Boards