Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry Orange bar
Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry

Workers' compensation -- Become a rehabilitation provider

A qualified rehabilitation consultant (QRC) is a vocational rehabilitation counselor who is registered with the Department of Labor and Industry. Generally, an applicant must show eligibility for certification as a certified rehabilitation counselor (CRC) (learn more at www.crccertification.com) or certified disability management specialist (CDMS) (learn more at www.cdms.org) within three years of registration as a QRC/intern.

An individual who possesses either of these certifications when applying to become a QRC must serve a minimum of a one-year internship. The individual must submit an R-20 Application for Approval and Registration as a Qualified Rehabilitation Consultant/Intern to the Department of Labor and Industry for approval of registration.

More information about registration can be found in Minnesota Rules 5220.1400 and 5220.1500, or by contacting the department at rehabregistrationspecialist.dli@state.mn.us.

DLI home page | Directions and maps | News and media | Website disclaimer