Unlicensed individual; high-pressure piping
A registered unlicensed individual is limited to performing high-pressure piping work:
- within the scope of the employer's authority to perform the high-pressure piping work; and
- under the supervision of an individual licensed to perform the high-pressure piping work; and
- when the licensed and registered unlicensed individuals are employed by the same contractor or employer.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 18 years old.
- Must be registered as an unlicensed individual if performing high-pressure piping work required to be performed by a licensed individual.
- Prohibited from performing high-pressure piping work without direct supervision.
- $14 - new registration HPP pipefitter
- $14 - renew registration HPP pipefitter (not expired)
- $19 - renew registration HPP pipefitter (expired)
- $19 - reinstate registration HPP pipefitter (expired more than 12 months)
Length of registration
- One year; registration expires on the last day of the month of the new registration.
- Properly completed applications are processed in a timely manner. All required applicant information must be provided for the application to be processed.
- No examination is required.
Complaints and enforcement
- The department investigates complaints and reported violations of licensing laws. Offenders are subject to disciplinary action including the assessment of monetary penalties and the denial, suspension or revocation of licenses.
Statutes and rules
Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
Attn: CCLD Licensing and Certification Services
443 Lafayette Road N
Saint Paul, MN 55155